If shop-bought sugary chocolate easter eggs aren’t your thing, opt instead for these natural raw chocolate easter eggs, full of good stuff! These eggs have a truffle-like consistency, with added crunch from your raw chocolate chips, plus they take about 15 minutes to make – so try them out this weekend!
- 4-5 dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao chips
- 1 tsp molasses (optional)
- 2 handfuls cashews
- 1 handful pecans
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- In a blender, pulse the cashews and pecans until they’re finely ground
- Add your dates and pulse again until everything is combined.
- Add the cacao powder, vanilla extract and molasses (if everything is still looking a little crumbly, add a couple more dates or a little more molasses if you’re using it)
- When everything looks firm and well combined, take it out of the blender and place on to a chopping board or plate
- Sprinkle over the raw cacao chips and begin to roll your mixture in to balls, so each ball of mixture has a few cacao chips mixed with it. (If you want a crunchier texture or you just REALLY like chocolate, then add more raw cacao chips!)
- Roll the balls in to egg-like shapes and place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up a little
Simple! Share these with friends and family this easter as a special healthy handmade gift.