If you’re on a new year’s health kick, or you just fancy something a little more fresh and interesting for breakfast, then this papaya plant protein bowl will not only provide plenty of fibre and vitamin C to keep your digestive and immune system healthy, but you’ll also be reminded of how good it feels to nourish your body instead of loading it up with all that Christmas food and drink from last month….
*Papaya contains a very small amount of natural fruit sugars compared to other fruits, is high in antioxidants, B vitamins and minerals, so it’s the perfect fruit to start your healthy new year. Christoper Columbus actually named this ‘the fruit of angels!’.
½ large papaya
Half a lime
2 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp oats
2-4 chopped dates
small handful of almonds
small handful of blueberries
non dairy milk (almond, rice or soy)
optional topping: ½ banana, shredded coconut & drizzle of honey
- Cut your papaya in half and scoop out the seeds keeping one half (squeeze lime juice on the other half and store it in the fridge for later)
- Squeeze the rest of the lime juice over the half of papaya you are using (lime juice brings out the amazing flavours of papaya) and scoop out a hole in the centre big enough to hold the rest of your ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the hemp seeds, oats, chopped dates, blueberries and almonds and pour over enough milk to cover by a few centimetres.
- Mix the ingredients well until they’re combined with the milk, and then scoop everything into the papaya half.
- For your optional topping, chop half a banana into small slices and place on top (banana is extremely good for boosting your mood if the cold weather gets you down), then sprinkle over a small amount of shredded coconut to provide yourself with healthy fats, and drizzle on some immune boosting organic honey.
Fill your body with goodness and start the year feeling healthy and happy from the inside – out!