This smoothie works its best magic if half is consumed as hangover prevention before a big night out, and the other half is consumed after. If you’re reading this with the results of one-too-many last night however, don’t worry, it’s still the exact smoothie you’ll be in need of right now.
With plenty of antioxidants, fibre, circulation-boosting properties, electrolytes, healthy fats, minerals and stomach-settling ingredients, you’ll be feeling human again in no time at all. If you’ve also been feeling under the weather recently, or are just getting over a bout of food poisoning, this is also a wonderful remedy.
(serves 2 as a half before & half after hangover prevention drink, or 4 as a single serving smoothie)
- 1 small raw beetroot
- 1 small organic apple
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 handful dark coloured berries (blueberries or blackberries work best)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 1 inch fresh
- pinch of good quality salt
- 1 tbsp tahini or peanut butter OR coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- coconut water to fill
- Optional extra ingredients: 1 tbsp maca powder, 1 handful fresh spinach, 1 tbsp chia, 1 banana, 1 handful ice,
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend well
Enjoy & feel better soon!
Leave a Reply