Be-Yoga Teacher Training 2020
This course is already underway….
For more information on Teacher Training dates, please visit the Be-Yoga website HERE.
Yoga, Ayurveda & Holistic Health Course
2021 DATES NOW OPEN TO BOOK!
Designed for yoga, movement and meditation teachers as well as anyone eager to take their understanding of yoga, Ayurveda and holistic health practices deeper. This accredited course dives into the fascinating and transformational world of yoga and Ayurveda, and how to use holistic wellbeing as a powerful tool to help both yourself and others. For more information, click here.
Modern Ayurveda Online Course
This 10 week online course explores the fascinating world of Ayurveda and how to bring it into modern life. Ayurveda is the ‘science of life’ or the ‘art of longevity’, and offers an abundance of teachings, practices and lifestyle advice. This course covers the origins of Ayurveda and the authentic ancient practices, and teaches students how to make them accessible, relevant and beneficial in everyday life for a range of clients. From self-care practices like self massage with specific oils and the use of specific herbal blends, to yoga sequences, meditations, seasonal living and daily routines, course participants will be able to use what they learn in their own lives, as well as with students and clients after graduation.
The course includes live online classes, workshops and lectures, filmed yoga classes to practice and access any time (and keep forever!), guided meditations, assignments, recommended reading, and case study work. Upon successful completion of the course, graduates receive their certificate which will allow them to use this knowledge in their existing work, or as a basis for further training. Many people who take part in the course are therapists, yoga teachers, personal trainers, and those who wish to learn for their own interest. There are assignments and course work to complete throughout, giving each course student a thorough, embodied and genuine understanding of the teachings.
Please note that whilst the online classes are recorded for you to access afterwards and in case you cannot make the live date, it is much more beneficial for all course participants to be present for the live classes on Wednesday evenings 6-7:30pm. Upon successful graduation, you’ll receive your Modern Ayurveda certificate, which is accredited by the IPHM, meaning you can add your newfound knowledge to your existing work and offerings.
Week 1. – Wednesday 20th January 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class
- Introduction to Ayurveda, history, the Sanskrit language, principles of Ayurveda, qualities.
Week 2. – Wednesday 27th January 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class
- The three doshas (vata, pitta, kapha). Understanding doshas, gunas, the elements, prakriti and vikriti.
Week 3. – Wednesday 3rd February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute vata-balancing yoga class
- The vata dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for vata
Week 4. – Wednesday 10th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute pitta-balancing yoga class
- The pitta dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for pitta
Week 5. – Wednesday 17th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute kapha-balancing yoga class
- The kapha dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for kapha
Week 6. – Wednesday 24th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class based on surya namaskar and Chandra namaskar
- Rhythms: circadian, infradian and ultradian rhythms, seasonal living, male and female hormonal cycles, energetic times of day according to Ayurveda. Traditional ayurvedic routine. Morning and evening routines.
Week 7. – Wednesday 3rd March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class for digestion
- Dietary guidelines for each dosha, ayurvedic foods, herbal remedies, anupanas, fasting and feasting. Ama and Agni. Detoxing and Rejuvenation therapies.
Week 8. – Wednesday 10th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute pranayama and meditation class
- Breathing techniques for each dosha, meditation techniques for each dosha.
Week 9. – Wednesday 17th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga and mudra flow class
- Mudras and mudra flows, yantras and mantras, the healing power of sound. Using sound as therapy.
Week 10. – Wednesday 24th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute seasonal yoga class + restorative yoga
- Ayurveda quiz & graduation
Receive a printed hard-copy of your course manual and a printed certificate for an extra £35
Payment plans available
Winter Yoga Immersion
With Emma Newlyn & Emily Scott – Rescheduled to February 25th-28th 2021 –
Gayles Retreat, Eastbourne, UK
Join Emily Scott & Emma Newlyn for a very special weekend of all things yoga.
Designed for those who love yoga and want to know more, or for anyone thinking of taking a teacher training course one day.We also welcome teachers who would like to refresh their studies.
Combining the comfort and luxury of a retreat with an immersive and comprehensive course, our intention is that each guest will leave feeling both refreshed and inspired, and with a whole new understanding of yoga.
Throughout the weekend, you’ll dive into:
• Physical practice – Refine and develop your own practice, unlock more strength and mobility, and realise your body’s unique abilities.
• Pranayama – Experience and practice effective breathing techniques to relieve stress, cultivate energy, improve sleep and boost brain power
• Yoga philosophy & history: discover where yoga came from and how it has evolved. Learn the richness of yoga philosophy and how to apply it to your own life.
• Meditation – Learn about the many different ways of meditating, and how to find the practice that works for you
• Subtle body – Take your yoga practice to a deeper level with an understanding of the vayus, chakras, koshas and nadis
• Ayurveda – Get to know yoga’s ‘sister science’ and how this ancient wellbeing system can transform your own health and wellness.
• We’ll also explore mantras, mudras, vinyasa flow yoga, restorative yoga, effective ways of releasing stress, the value of silence, and the importance of reconnecting to nature.
“Gayles is a small retreat centre ideally situated in outstanding countryside on the South Downs in the South East of England, five miles from Eastbourne and fifteen from Brighton. Here rural doesn’t mean hard to reach; there are excellent train services from the nearby towns that provide direct travel to and from London Victoria, Gatwick, Ashford International, Brighton and so on. The environment and ambience at Gayles encourages an open, safe, relaxed and intimate atmosphere that promotes learning and self-development.”
£400 (£150 non-refundable deposit)
Price includes accommodation, 3 meals per day, tea, coffee and fruit, tuition, and reference material. Please contact us for more information and to book your space. We look forward to seeing you!
Stay Up to date with all upcoming events and courses via FACEBOOK.