Yoga, Ayurveda & Holistic Health Course
2021 DATES NOW OPEN TO BOOK!
Designed for yoga, movement and meditation teachers as well as anyone eager to take their understanding of yoga, Ayurveda and holistic health practices deeper. This accredited course dives into the fascinating and transformational world of yoga and Ayurveda, and how to use holistic wellbeing as a powerful tool to help both yourself and others. For more information, click here.
Modern Ayurveda Online Course
This 10 week online course explores the fascinating world of Ayurveda and how to bring it into modern life. Ayurveda is the ‘science of life’ or the ‘art of longevity’, and offers an abundance of teachings, practices and lifestyle advice. This course covers the origins of Ayurveda and the authentic ancient practices, and teaches students how to make them accessible, relevant and beneficial in everyday life for a range of clients. From self-care practices like self massage with specific oils and the use of specific herbal blends, to yoga sequences, meditations, seasonal living and daily routines, course participants will be able to use what they learn in their own lives, as well as with students and clients after graduation.
The course includes live online classes, workshops and lectures, filmed yoga classes to practice and access any time (and keep forever!), guided meditations, assignments, recommended reading, and case study work. Upon successful completion of the course, graduates receive their certificate which will allow them to use this knowledge in their existing work, or as a basis for further training. Many people who take part in the course are therapists, yoga teachers, personal trainers, and those who wish to learn for their own interest. There are assignments and course work to complete throughout, giving each course student a thorough, embodied and genuine understanding of the teachings.
Please note that whilst the online classes are recorded for you to access afterwards and in case you cannot make the live date, it is much more beneficial for all course participants to be present for the live classes on Wednesday evenings 6-7:30pm. Upon successful graduation, you’ll receive your Modern Ayurveda certificate, which is accredited by the IPHM, meaning you can add your newfound knowledge to your existing work and offerings.
NEW COURSE DATES ANNOUNCED. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT COURSE STARTING APRIL 2021.
CURRENT COURSE DETAILS:
Week 1. – Wednesday 20th January 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class
- Introduction to Ayurveda, history, the Sanskrit language, principles of Ayurveda, qualities.
Week 2. – Wednesday 27th January 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class
- The three doshas (vata, pitta, kapha). Understanding doshas, gunas, the elements, prakriti and vikriti.
Week 3. – Wednesday 3rd February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute vata-balancing yoga class
- The vata dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for vata
Week 4. – Wednesday 10th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute pitta-balancing yoga class
- The pitta dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for pitta
Week 5. – Wednesday 17th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute kapha-balancing yoga class
- The kapha dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for kapha
Week 6. – Wednesday 24th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class based on surya namaskar and Chandra namaskar
- Rhythms: circadian, infradian and ultradian rhythms, seasonal living, male and female hormonal cycles, energetic times of day according to Ayurveda. Traditional ayurvedic routine. Morning and evening routines.
Week 7. – Wednesday 3rd March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class for digestion
- Dietary guidelines for each dosha, ayurvedic foods, herbal remedies, anupanas, fasting and feasting. Ama and Agni. Detoxing and Rejuvenation therapies.
Week 8. – Wednesday 10th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute pranayama and meditation class
- Breathing techniques for each dosha, meditation techniques for each dosha.
Week 9. – Wednesday 17th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga and mudra flow class
- Mudras and mudra flows, yantras and mantras, the healing power of sound. Using sound as therapy.
Week 10. – Wednesday 24th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute seasonal yoga class + restorative yoga
- Ayurveda quiz & graduation
Receive a printed hard-copy of your course manual and a printed certificate for an extra £35
Payment plans available
Nurtured By Nature
August 14th & 15th 2021
Jungle Healing Studios, Crawley
& Secret Woodland Location Nearby
This weekend you’re invited to:
- Explore Ayurvedic & Western herbalism
- Understand how to use herbs and remedies for specific physical and emotional needs
- Create your own unique remedies and blends
- Discover the secret to ‘energising’ your herbs and making them more effective with the use of mantra, yantra, meditation and more
- Learn ‘Forest Bathing’ techniques you can use to reconnect to nature & ‘re-wild’ yourself, your friends and family, and your clients
For anyone interested in holistic and natural health, this is a great opportunity to empower yourself with the tools needed to become your own healer, and to add another layer to any existing knowledge you may already have. By combining both Ayurvedic and Western herbalism, you’ll understand how to help yourself and others in a more therapeutic, bespoke and effective way on both physical and energetic levels.
The weekend includes 3 yoga and meditation sessions, a guided Forest Bathing experience, teas & treats throughout, handouts full of information, and you’ll be able to take all your herbal blends and remedies away with you too.
£140 per person
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place