Summer picnics, BBQs, and long evenings are the perfect time to serve a spread of dips, salads & colourful snacks, and THIS delicious baba ghanoush is worth including. Usually served with crudités or flatbreads, the traditional Levantine appetiser is satisfyingly savoury, and easy to make with this recipe. Enjoy!
(served 2-4 as part of a mezze)
- 1 large aubergine or 2 medium
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon & zest of half
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tap smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Slice the aubergine into thin rounds, drizzle over a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven at 200C for roughly 30 minutes, or until the aubergine is browned and roasted
- Once the aubergine is roasted, tip it into a blender or food processor, and add all other ingredients
- Whizz briefly, keeping the texture thick
- Transfer to a small bowl and garnish with fresh parsley and a dash of paprika
Enjoy with flat breads, crudité, or as part of a mezze. We love serving baba ghanoush with these cauliflower bites!