If you’re starting to think about bringing in more greens or salads as we move further into Spring, it’s important to bring in more healthy fats too. Steaming your greens, adding healthy fats & plenty of herbs & spices makes them much easier to digest – if you every get bloated after a lot of raw veg, steaming & adding dressings like this is a must!
In Spring, greens such as nettle, dandelion leaves, chicory, spinach and chard are in-season, and their high levels of antioxidants and naturally slightly bitter taste make greens some of the best foods for detoxification. To get the best from them though, it’s essential to add healthy fats.
Many vegetables and greens are fat-soluble. Fat-soluble means these foods – such as dark leafy greens, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, sweet potato and carrots – must be consumed alongside a healthy fat in order for you to absorb the vitamins A, K and E within them. These vitamins are vital for bone health, reproductive health, and the health of our eyes and skin too.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is MCT oil, which can help boost metabolism and is a ver versatile and healthy oil derived from coconuts. To learn more about the benefits of MCT oil and the other ingredients in this recipe, head to my blog over at Love Life Supplements HERE. Use code EMMA10 for 10% off your MCT oil HERE.
If you want to get straight to the recipe, here it is:
(makes roughly 5 servings)
– 1 large avocado
– 6 tbsp @ll.supplements MCT oil
– 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
– Juice of 1 lemon
– ¼ tsp salt
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– Finely chopped fresh herbs: choose basil / chives / parsley / coriander
– Add all ingredients to a blender
– Blend until smooth – add a little more lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for a thinner consistency if you like
– Use straight away, or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week