Forget about feeling guilty when you eat this chocolate. These taste so good that you probably won’t believe they’re actually good for you! All the ingredients are healthy and natural, and will give you a boost of energy throughout the day without the need to turn to sugary energy drinks or unhealthy snacks. Unlike most chocolate bars, raw chocolate contains very high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Raw cacao – coming straight from the raw cacao bean – is unprocessed, so all the nutrients are retained!
(Even if you’re a very messy ‘cook’ like me, these are still pretty quick and easy to make)
– Recipe –
- 6 dates
- ½ cup of cashews (or a BIG handful if you don’t have ‘cups’ to measure in) *Cashews have surprisingly amazing benefits, which you can read about in my next post on Monday
- 2 tbsp raw Cacao powder
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds *Again, the benefits of these little seeds are a little bit life-changing, and I’ll explain more about them soon
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- some dessicated coconut for rolling
- Maca Powder
- Gogi berries
- Baobab powder
- Cinnamon (Make sure you’re using real cinnamon instead of cassia to get the full benefits, most supermarkets sell ‘cassia’ which doesn’t contain the same blood-sugar balancing benefits that real ceylon cinnamon does.)
- In a blender, pulse the cashews, dates, hemp seeds and chia seeds until they begin to clump together (If the mixture still looks a little dry, add a couple more dates or a little bit of water –or both!)
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the coconut and blend again, until the ingredients are all sticky and clumped together. It should look something like this:
(Basically a big, sticky mess….)
- Take your mixture out of the blender, scraping around the sides and trying not to eat too much of it along the way…
- Wet your hands a little, and with damp hands (so the mixture doesn’t stick to you) roll the mixture in to little balls – about the size of a big conker or just a little bit bigger than bite – size.
- Roll each conker – sized chocolate ball in dessicated coconut.
- Either put them in the fridge to cool for a little while, or share them out straight away.
*Learn more about why raw chocolate is soooo good for you here
Leave a Reply