Did you try the Raw Chocolate Brownie recipe from this weekend? Well, here’s what to do with any left over ingredients….
If Nutella is your staple breakfast spread in the mornings (or you just seem to find yourself eating it straight out of the jar regularly), choose a delicious AND nutritious way to keep chocolate a part of your day, while knowing you’re giving your body something healthy!
You’re also in with a good chance of starting your day off on a happy note – since cacao and nuts (especially walnuts) are powerful mood boosters! (I’ll be writing a special post specifically on good mood foods soon.)
1-1/2 cups of broken, mixed nuts
Almond milk (add a little at a time depending upon the thickness you want
2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
1 Tbsp Rice Syrup (2 if you want a sweeter taste)
- Place your mixed nuts in to a strong blender and blend until they’re ground up to a fine consistency
- Add a little almond milk at a time and blend until a paste forms
- Add the raw cacao and blend again
- Add more milk if needed
- Add the rice syrup and blend again until you have a thick paste, or until you reach the consistency you prefer for chocolate spread
- Place the mixture in to a jar (preferably a recycled glass jar, maybe your old chocolate spread jar?) and store in the fridge
- *Keep an eye on your new, healthy chocolate spread – as it’s pretty likely to be gone when everyone realises how good it tastes!