A simple way to turn chai tea into breakfast….
It’s January: Everyone feels unnecessarily guilty for indulging and enjoying themselves over the last few months, everything we’ve been putting off ‘until January’ is suddenly a matter of urgency, and that new year’s resolution is beginning to take it’s toll even after a couple of weeks.
It’s time to stop, take a breath, and drink some chai.
Chai is basically the drink that ‘makes everything better’, so by starting your morning with a chai smoothie, you know that today is going to be a very good day.
Chai spices = Beneficial for digestion, warming and nourishing,
Banana = Lots of sustaining energy and blood sugar balancing
Flax = Healthy fats and a digestive aid
Coconut milk = Lactose free, and is high in iron, cacium and magnesium.
Raw honey = Anti-viral and anti-bacterial. Promotes digestion and is a powerful antioxidant.
Vanilla extract = An effective way to calm the nervous system
Simple. Let’s get whizzing….
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- chai spices (see this chai tea recipe for the spice mix and use ¼ tsp of each spice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Optional good quality protein powder (I suggest raw pea protein) and a shot of coffee for morning smoothies
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour into a glass and top with coconut and cacao nibs to sip straight away, or store in a jar in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply