To make a salad super, throw together some refrigerator staples like spinach, peppers and cucumber with a few special ingredients like kiwi, gogi berries, parsley, seeds and hemp oil, and you’ve got yourself a salad to be proud of.
Serve this as a side salad when friends and family start coming round for warm and sunny lunches and dinners, or make ahead and consume it all for yourself over a couple of days for a light lunch.
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cucumber, spiralised or chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 handful of dried gogi berries
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of seeds. I used these special digestive sauerkraut seeds from Plaw Hatch Farm in Sussex, made by Alex Catchpole.
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp organic, raw hemp oil
- pinch of good quality salt
- black pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and pour over your dressing when you’re ready to eat
Enjoy and feel super this Spring!