Something to watch Wimbledon with if you’re in the UK this week, or to celebrate Independence day with at a picnic if you’re in the US. Perfect for get-togethers, desserts on warm evenings and paired with tea; these are easy to make and easier to eat….
Ingredients (makes approximately 25)
- 2 cups oats
- 10 dates
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut powder (you can use shredded coconut, but coconut powder is finer and acts more like a flour here)
Sliced fresh strawberries
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend / pule until everything is well combined.
- Take the mixture out of the processor – it should have formed a ‘dough’-like substance – and roll firmly into a ball
- Roll the ball of ‘dough’ out to about 1 cm thick and cut with a cookie cutter or the top of a glass. I used the rim of a champagne glass and ended up with about 25 little cakes
- Top each ‘cake’ with slices strawberries and either eat straight away or store in the fridge for about half an hour to cool
- Eat, share and enjoy!