A wholesome dessert that is totally suitable for breakfast. Chai is always cooking on the hob at my house during Winter, and the addition of chestnuts adds some warming, nutty festive flavour. As I mentioned in last week’s recipe; Chestnuts are low in fat, but rich in nutrients such as vitamin C, iron, magnesium and manganese, and work well added to lots of different dishes.
Serve this as a healthy dessert to guests during the holidays, or whip this up for yourself for a nutrient-dense breakfast to power you through the morning.
(serves 2 as a breakfast / 4 as a dessert)
- 1 avocado
- 1 large handful chestnuts
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp chai spice mix (click here for the spice mix recipe)
- ¼ cup + more if needed of almond milk
- 4 dates
- ¼ tsp good quality sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor, and whiz until they’re well combined and form a soft ‘pudding-like’ texture.
- Scoop the mixture into your favourite fancy dishes and leave to set in the fridge for about an hour, or even over night.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon, a whole star anise, or the zest of a fresh clementine.