Simplicity is the success of this smoothie – with nutritionally balanced ingredients, plenty of flavour and satisfying sweetness, this is the perfect recipe to go to when you’re in the need of a quick breakfast, meal replacement or post-exercise boost.
- Bananas contain plenty of potassium – essential for muscular health and recovery, mood levels, circulation and balanced blood pressure.
- Dates are full of iron, fiber (vital for gut health), calcium, magnesium and zinc, and add a totally natural sweetness to the smoothie.
- Peanut butter is the primary protein provider here, and it also contains good amounts of potassium. Consuming good quality peanut butter lowers the risk of stroke, cardiovascular disease, with a good dose of healthy fats, magnesium, vitamin E and antioxidants.
Interesting fact – peanuts aren’t actually a nut! They’re a legume (similar to beans) as they grow underground. Technically, nuts grow on bushes and trees….
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 banana (to make the smoothie thicker and preserve your bananas, chop them up and store in the freezer)
- 6-8 dates (stones removed)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- organic or non-dairy milk
- cacao powder for extra antioxidants and chocolaty-ness
- Chia seeds for added fiber and protein
- Protein powder for obvious reasons….
- Kelp or any other good quality organic powdered seaweed to help boost thyroid health ad metabolism
Add all ingredients to a blender and whizz
Serve & enjoy!