Seasonal, easy to make and with big immune-boosting benefits, this soup provides plenty of plant protein, as well as important compounds that help to fight off illness and infections (and possibly COVID19….) Whether you’re self-isolating or reading this at a time when there’s no threat of illness of a pandemic proportion, this is a great go-to early Spring soup that helps prevent Springtime colds and sinus blockages too….
- 2 courgettes
- ½ packet of frozen peas
- 1 inch piece of grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 sprig fresh time of oregano
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 + ½ litres of stock
- Tsp coconut oil
- Heat the oil, ginger and garlic in a large pan
- Chop the courgette and add it to the pan along with the peas
- Stir to coat in oil and cook until the courgette has softened
- Add the stock and fresh herbs, and simmer for 15-20 minutes
- After simmering, turn down the heat and add the coconut milk, salt and pepper and more dried herbs if desired. Oregano has very powerful antiviral effects and works well as a natural antibiotic too – without the antibiotic side effects.
- Bring the pan to a light simmer again for a few minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Allow the soup to cool enough so you can blend it with a hand blender or larger blender
- Optional: Sprinkle with immune-boosting turmeric & black pepper and cayenne to rid the body of any sinus blockages.