This is such a simple yet effective DIY face mask, and can transform dry, irritated skin to smooth, moisturised loveliness in just 15 minutes! The ingredients in this recipe are all nourishing, rejuvenating, hydrating and gentle. You’ll have enough in this recipe to use a few times, or to share with someone who also needs a helping hand with dry Winter skin!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tsp honey (raw and organic if possible)
- 2 tbsp milk (again, the quality is important. We use raw and organic milk from a local farm, but if you’re able to get whole milk – not semi-skimmed or non-fat! -, that’ll work well too. The fats are very nourishing and an important part of the rejuvenating properties of milk itself).
- Optional: 1 tbsp calendula petals
M E T H O D
- Add the oats and calendula (if using) to a blender, and whizz until they’re finely ground
- Now add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well to create a thick paste
- Spread the mixture over your face, focussing on particularly dry areas, and leave on for 15 minutes
- Wash off with warm water, using your hands to gently exfoliate your skin with the oats in a circular motion
- Once clean, splash with cold water to refresh your face, and pat dry. Apply a good quality moisturiser afterwards. I love Urban Veda’s Radiance Day Cream to keep skin soft during the Winter months. Use the code emma10 for 10% off your order!