A super simple, super green, seasonal, local and totally healthy soup. You’re probably walking past some of these plants every day, so have a go at foraging this week (as long as you know what you can safely pick!) and whip up this quick and easy soup with ingredients that are naturally local to you.
Nettles are high in iron, they reduce inflammation and hay fever, contain vitamins A, C, K, + B vitamins, and all the amino acids. Wild garlic is powerful for reducing high blood pressure, and has antibacterial and antiviral qualities. Courgettes are cooling (important for anyone feeling overly inflamed / irritated or what we’d refer to in Ayurveda as having excessive Pitta 🔥 energy) and they’re also high in potassium, which is important for muscle health!
– 2 courgettes, chopped
– 1 big handful nettle leaves
– 1 big handful wild garlic leaves
– 1 red onion (high in quercetin, also a great hay fever remedy)
– 1 tsp mustard seeds
– 1 tsp coriander seeds
– Organic stock cube (or home made or bone broth)
– 1 litre water
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fry the onion and spices in coconut oil in a large pan
– Add the courgette to soften
– Add the stock, water + nettles
– Simmer, then add the wild garlic
– Cook until the courgette is soft, then take off the heat and whizz with a hand blender.
– Serve with sourdough bread
Leave a Reply