Give yourself a dose of inner sunshine to match the warm, sunny days we’ve had recently!
Sun exposure is massively beneficial, but it results in a little bit of natural oxidative stress (natural cell damage and the process behind ageing). SO, to give yourself a boost of cell-repairing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits, PLUS boosting your body’s own antioxidant capacity, whip up these little glasses of sunshine. You don’t even need a juicer!
(makes 8-10 shots)
– 1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger (more if you like things spicy)
– 1 little finger size piece of fresh turmeric
– Juice and zest of 1 lemon (I literally put the whole half lemon in there too as the pulp and skin are super beneficial)
– Pinch of black pepper
– 1 cup of water
If you tend to feel overly hot, irritated and feel like you may have a ‘pitta’ imbalance, swap the lemon for lime, use less ginger, and make things more hydrating and cooling by blending with coconut water.
– Add everything to a blender and whizz well.
– Pour through a sieve into your glasses.