This dessert is perfect for when your muscles have been working extra hard and require a nutrient boost. Full of magnesium, potassium, nitric oxide, protein and antioxidants, this little pud is a pot of genuine superfood goodness. As a bonus, there are also lots of mood and energy-enhancing ingredients here too to keep you going. This recipe makes enough for 3, so whip up a few and enjoy them through the week!
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp beetroot powder or 1 beetroot
- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp honey or 1 tbsp stevia
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 small handful fresh or frozen cherries (in season right now!)
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- dark chocolate or cacao nibs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Add a tbsp each of hemp seeds to a glass or small bowl
- Add the banana, beetroot / powder, cacao or cocoa powder, stevia or honey, chia seeds and milk (I used cashew milk) to a blender and blend until everything reaches a smoothie-like consistency
- Add the cherries to the mixture and stir to distribute them
- Pop the mixture into 3 glasses or small bowls over the hemp seeds
- Sprinkle over the cacao nibs, or if you’re using dark chocolate, try grating it so you end up with fancy flakes of dark chocolate on top of the dessert.
- Place everything in the fridge to set for at least an hour or so to set, then serve