I’m always being asked about the best supplements for stress, or the best herbs and natural remedies for fatigue, sleep issues or burnout. It seems like so many of us today are facing stress, anxiety, overwhelm and many of the issues that come with trying to keep up with modern life. So, I wanted to share a new blend I’ve recently joined forces with to help calm the mind, re-energise the body and find a sense of balance again. Meet; Naked Nutrition’s Naked Recovery.
I’m a total geek when it comes to adaptogens and supplements – always researching the best type of mushrooms, herbs and foods that give the best results without the side effects that many medications or more experimental supplements can cause. Here are some of the key ingredients in the Naked Recovery blend:
Six adaptogenic mushrooms. An adaptogen is something that helps the body adapt to a stressor. These mushrooms can all help combat stress whilst increasing our resilience to it:
- Cordyceps: Known for its ability to boost blood flow and oxygen. It can help boost your workout and aid in faster recovery.
- Reishi: Used for thousands of years as a longevity-enhancing mushroom, Reishi is known as the ‘mushroom of immortality’ because of its ability to reduce inflammation and stress, as well as supporting the immune system, balancing blood sugar levels and caring for heart health.
- King Trumpet: You won’t find this mushroom in many other blends, so it’s worth trying it when you can get your hands on it. King Trumpet mushroom is a rich source of antioxidants and niacin, which is a B vitamin that can help improve memory and overall brain function. King Trumpet mushroom is also high in ergothioneine, a specific antioxidant that helps reduce damage from free radicals and stress.
- Shiitake: You may have seen shiitake mushrooms in the supermarket, but did you know they have huge benefits for us too? Shiitake mushrooms are high in B vitamins and vitamin D. They can help support cardiovascular health, enhance the immune system, reduce inflammation, improve brain function and even fight cancer cells.
- Turkey Tail: A wonderful mushroom for strengthening the immune system, with high levels of antioxidants, the ability to improve gut health, and lower blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes.
Tart Cherries: A powerhouse of anti-inflammatory goodness, tart cherries are well known to help boost blood flow and enhance muscle recovery after exercise or injury. They also contain melatonin, so when we consume tart cherries, this can increase our own melatonin production. Since melatonin is essential for sleep, you can take this blend in the evening to help your body sleep well and recover overnight.
Lemon Balm Extract: You can grow lemon balm at home as a fresh herb, and it’s great to have on hand. Lemon balm helps reduce stress – scientists think it does this by increasing the brain’s production of GABA, a mood regulator which we need in order to prevent low mood levels and anxiety. In this blend, lemon balm adds an extra ability to promote calm, reduce stress and encourage relaxation.
How To Use Naked Recovery
If I have a busy, stressful day coming up, I’ll mix a scoop into my morning coffee (along with plenty of MCT oil and raw cream as usual). It also mixes well into smoothies, especially the Blood Sugar Balancing Protein Smoothie Bowl. To unwind, recovery and promote restful sleep, I’ll mix a scoop into hot cacao, yoghurt or even my Nourishing Nettle & Honey Latte for an even bigger dose of love for my adrenals. To try Naked Recovery for yourself, head to their online store, where you’ll find plenty of other goodies like protein powders, shakes, multivitamin blends, collagen, and so much more. Visit Naked Nutrition.