Accredited, inspiring & in-depth. Study from home with an online community.
MODERN AYURVEDA ONLINE COURSE
The 10 week online Modern Ayurveda course explores the fascinating world of Ayurveda and how to bring it into modern life. Ayurveda is the ‘science of life’ or the ‘art of longevity’, and offers an abundance of teachings, practices and lifestyle advice. This course covers the origins of Ayurveda and the authentic ancient practices, and teaches students how to make them accessible, relevant and beneficial in everyday life for a range of clients. From self-care practices like self massage with specific oils and the use of specific herbal blends, to yoga sequences, meditations, seasonal living and daily routines, course participants will be able to use what they learn in their own lives, as well as with students and clients after graduation.
The course includes live online classes, workshops and lectures, filmed yoga classes to practice and access any time (and keep forever!), guided meditations, assignments, recommended reading, and case study work. Upon successful completion of the course, graduates receive their certificate which will allow them to use this knowledge in their existing work, or as a basis for further training. Many people who take part in the course are therapists, yoga teachers, personal trainers, and those who wish to learn for their own interest. There are assignments and course work to complete throughout, giving each course student a thorough, embodied and genuine understanding of the teachings.
Please note that whilst the online classes are recorded for you to access afterwards and in case you cannot make the live date, it is much more beneficial for all course participants to be present for the live classes on Wednesday evenings 6-7:30pm. Upon successful graduation, you’ll receive your Modern Ayurveda certificate, which is accredited by the IPHM, meaning you can add your newfound knowledge to your existing work and offerings.
Week 1. – Wednesday 20th January 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class
- Introduction to Ayurveda, history, the Sanskrit language, principles of Ayurveda, qualities.
Week 2. – Wednesday 27th January 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class
- The three doshas (vata, pitta, kapha). Understanding doshas, gunas, the elements, prakriti and vikriti.
Week 3. – Wednesday 3rd February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute vata-balancing yoga class
- The vata dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for vata
Week 4. – Wednesday 10th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute pitta-balancing yoga class
- The pitta dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for pitta
Week 5. – Wednesday 17th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute kapha-balancing yoga class
- The kapha dosha, subdoshas, lifestyle guidance for kapha
Week 6. – Wednesday 24th February 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class based on surya namaskar and Chandra namaskar
- Rhythms: circadian, infradian and ultradian rhythms, seasonal living, male and female hormonal cycles, energetic times of day according to Ayurveda. Traditional ayurvedic routine. Morning and evening routines.
Week 7. – Wednesday 3rd March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga class for digestion
- Dietary guidelines for each dosha, ayurvedic foods, herbal remedies, anupanas, fasting and feasting. Ama and Agni. Detoxing and Rejuvenation therapies.
Week 8. – Wednesday 10th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute pranayama and meditation class
- Breathing techniques for each dosha, meditation techniques for each dosha.
Week 9. – Wednesday 17th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute yoga and mudra flow class
- Mudras and mudra flows, yantras and mantras, the healing power of sound. Using sound as therapy.
Week 10. – Wednesday 24th March 6-7:30pm
- 30 minute seasonal yoga class + restorative yoga
- Ayurveda quiz & graduation
- Add a printed hard copy of your course manual and a printed certificate for £35
- Payment plans available
Emma is a yoga teacher, published writer and holistic therapist, specialising in Ayurveda. She co-leads yoga teacher trainings, retreats, and founded the Yoga, Ayurveda & Holistic Health Course. Emma is a regular contributor to YogaMatters, Breathe magazine, Ekhart Yoga, as well as appearing on podcasts and guest-teaching on courses. She specialises in making ancient wisdom like yoga philosophy and Ayurveda fully accessible and understandable in the modern world, whilst retaining its authenticity .
ACCREDITATION. All courses are accredited
by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
Upon completion of the Modern Ayurveda course, students are able to bring their knowledge into their existing work, or use it to support them in further study.
Let’s make something together.