Energy, deliciousness, and healthy-goodness on a stick!
Make these snacks, freeze them, and get them out when the weather is warm enough to pretend it’s already Summer….
Providing all the antioxidant benefits of raw cacao, mood-boosting goodness of cashews (A large handful actually contains the same amount of tryptophan as a prescription dose of Prozac!), blood-sugar balancing help from cinnamon, healthy fats of coconut, the natural sweetness and energy-boost benefits of dates, iron content of lucuma, and anxiety-reducing elements of vanilla extract.
2 tbsp raw cacao
1 cup cashew nuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp lucuma powder
dessicated coconut for rolling
You’ll also need:
A strong blender or food processor
Recyclable wooden popsicle sticks
- In a blender or food processor, finely grind the cashews.
- Add all of the other ingredients and continue to pulse until everything starts to bind together (If the mixture seems a little dry, you could add more dates or a little water)
- Scrape all of the ingredients out of the blender and roll in to little balls (just smaller than a golf ball – be generous!)
- Pop the balls on to the end of your wooden popsicle sticks (make sure they’re recyclable!)
- Place your popsicles in the freezer for a few hours
When you take them out, they’ll taste like delicious frozen chocolate popsicles, but these ones are full of health boosting nutrients. Enjoy!