This is one of those recipes that creates something supremely luxurious and tasty, and is a real treat for guests, yet it’s SO simple and takes minimal effort.
Whilst cold brew coffee is having a moment right now, with every high street coffee shop offering their own version of creamy, caffeinated goodness, iced tea has been around for a long time.
One of the nicest things about cold brewing tea or coffee, is that the nutritional value and amount of caffeine and antioxidants stays they same, yet the final taste is much sweeter and smoother than hot, ‘cooked’ coffee and tea. For an alternative to wine or cocktails, these are great afternoon drinks, and are perfect for Summer get-togethers!
Hibiscus is especially appropriate for Summer months, as the qualities of the plant are cooling and calming, so make this asap, pop in the fridge, and you’ll have a cool, creative drink on hand whenever you need!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- ½ cup dried hibiscus flowers / loose leaf tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- zest of ¼ lemon
- 2 drops edible lavender essential oil
- honey to sweeten
- 2 drops rose water
- Add the hibiscus, cinnamon and lemon to a large jar
- Fill with water
- Leave in the fridge over night
- When you’re ready to serve, add any other ingredients to taste, and a tsp of honey per person if you need to sweeten things up
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply