This recipe is so easy, yet the result is something absolutely delicious. I love keeping these bite-size snacks in the freezer, as they end up taking a little like a Snickers ice cream…. Try these with your choice of nut-butter filling, and keep them on hand as healthier snack options, particularly if you’re looking for alternatives to chocolate bars or biscuits!
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1/2 bar of good quality dark chocolate
- 10 tsp tahini
- pinch of salt
- Top with a sprinkling of coconut flakes, beetroot powder, or seeds if you wish
- Slice the dates length-ways and remove the stones
- Scoop a tsp of tahini into the middle of each date, and gently press to close
- Melt the chocolate, either by using a bain-marie, or in the microwave if you use one, then add the salt (you may also want to add a spice such as cinnamon, or even Chinese 5 Spice – trust me – to flavour the chocolate more)
- Roll the dates in the melted chocolate to fully coat them, then transfer to a box lined with foil or parchment paper
- Sprinkle with toppings or spices if you like, then transfer to the freezer and leave to set for 2 hours or overnight
- Enjoy! These will keep fresh for about 3 weeks.