I have a lot of clients and students who have Pitta-related issues. No, not issues related to eating too much pitta bread, but issues relating to an accumulation of the Ayurvedic Pitta dosha. ‘Pitta’ is the energy of heat, fire, and digestion. When in balance, a Pitta-type person will feel logical, sharp-minded, focused, driven and productive, with strong digestion. In excess however, Pitta energy can cause acid reflux, heartburn, anger, inflammation, irritability, and most issues relating to the qualities of heat and sharpness. If this sounds like you, try making the following blend below with equal quantities of chamomile, oat and calendula, and half the amount of liquorice.
This blend is super soothing and hydrating, softening and calming too. If you’d prefer to order a batch, email email@example.com to get in touch!
Use for making tea, as a face wash, or bath soak for dry, irritated skin
- Dried chamomile flowers
- Dried calendula petals
- Liquorice sticks
Blend equal amounts of oats, chamomile and calendula, and half the amount of liquorice, then try the following ways of using it:
- Add 2 tsp of the blend to a teapot or French press, add 1 cup hot water and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain and add 1 tsp honey to serve (add milk too if you like).
- Make the tea as instructed above, but leave to infuse overnight.
- In the morning (or whenever you want to use the facewash) strain into a cup or bowl, and use to wash your face. You can add a tsp of honey to the mix too, for extra skin-softening benefits.
- Tip: Pour the liquid into a glass spray bottle and use as a facial spritz – it will keep for up to 1 week.
- Pour the entire packet into a warm bath as the water is running
- Use your hands to gently mix the ingredients around the tub. Imagine sending thoughts and energy of relaxation, softness and calmness into the bathwater as you mix.
- Enjoy! It may take a little time to completely remove the oats and petals from the bath afterwards, so ensure you are prepared, and have a sieve over the plug to catch the bits.