When it comes to using ‘natural’ deodorants without aluminium or hormone-disrupting chemicals, the fact is that a lot of them just don’t really work…. The good news however, is that there’s an incredibly easy, cheap and good-for-your-body way to make deodorant at home. This recipe genuinely works wonders, and is so easy to make, you’ll never need to buy chemical-laden deodorant again! Plus, remember that what goes on our skin, goes directly in our bodies, so it really matters what products we use. Whip up this recipe using a mini jam or honey jar, and you’ll be able to bring it with you to the gym, yoga classes, and on holiday too.
(makes 1 mini jar full)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 8 drops good quality essential oil (oils with antibacterial properties will help with the deodorising element, such as clove, cinnamon or rosemary, and oils like lavender or rose will give a lovely scent!)
- Add all ingredients to your jar and mix well
- Place somewhere cool and dry and allow the mixture to set for about an hour
- Use a small amount each time and enjoy!