Apparently ‘alternative’ ice cream flavours are trendy this year, including a pear and blue cheese flavour available at an artisan store in London, and a naan bread flavour option also available in the UK, made from a restaurant’s leftover naan bread (of course).
This recipe is probably more inviting than cheese or bread flavoured ice cream, but the lavender twist means it serves up something a little different if you’re entertaining guests or want to treat yourself to something different. Lavender is in season during the Summer months, so you could save this recipe until then, or purchase some dried lavender as it’s also useful for sleep remedies and relaxing bath blends. Made with coconut milk, this ice cream is totally vegan, so whip this up and it’ll be ready for anyone to (healthily) indulge in.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tbsp stevia
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 handful frozen strawberries
- sprinkle of dried lavender. For a stronger lavender taste, add a drop of edible food-grade lavender essential oil.
- Add all ingredients other than the strawberries to a food processor or large blender
- Blend for a couple of minutes until everything is thoroughly mixed
- Pout into a container (I use a loaf tin) and plop in the strawberries
- Place in the freezer to set, removing every hour for three hours to stir well (you can indeed simply leave the ice cream to set, but stirring it makes for a creamer texture and makes it easier to scoop and serve)
Leave a Reply