A super easy, dairy free and deliciously healthy dessert, or snack. This recipe is the perfect way to use up over-ripe bananas, and the combination of ingredients like cashews, cardamom and bananas themselves can all help lower blood pressure, contribute to healthy muscles and boost mood levels too.
I popped mine in a bread loaf tin, but feel free to use any freezer-suitable container.
Give this a go and keep it on hand in the freezer for warm Summery days!
(makes enough to fill one loaf tin)
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas
- 2 handfuls cashews
- 1/2 cup your choice of milk (almond / rice / cashew)
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed – or 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 handful cacao nibs (optional – full of magnesium and energy-boosting nutrients)
- 2 tbsp stevia (optional – could also use 5 dates)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor, other than half of the cashews and the cacao nibs
- Blend well until it all reaches a smooth consistency
- Pour into a loaf tin or container
- Sprinkle over the rest of the cashews and cacao nibs and gently stir
- Place in the fridge and leave overnight or for 3-4 hours. For the very best results, stir every half an hour for up to 4 hours (but obviously not if you’re leaving it over night….)