Tahini is an underestimated superfood. It’s packed with iron, potassium and magnesium (three things many people are deficient in due to the modern standard Western diet) and is also one of the best sources of calcium we can consume.
Made from ground sesame seeds, the golden coloured paste also contains methionine, which aids in detoxing the liver and is a 20% complete protein, which makes tahini a higher protein source than most nuts. One more bonus? It’s very easy to digest, so works well for anyone who suffers with digestive issues like IBS, IBD, heartburn or bloating.
If you have a busy week in front of you, or feel you need a nutrient boost, these little bites of bliss will help fill you feel good so you can do good.
Ingredients (makes 20 balls)
- 2 cups dates (stones removed)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 pinch pink salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp raw honey
- sesame seeds for rolling
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until everything is well combined.
- Roll the mixture into bite-size balls and roll in sesame seeds to cover
- Store in the fridge until you fancy one.
- Share with friends and family and introduce them to the benefits of tahini!
These bliss balls are best kept in the fridge and will maintain freshness for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply