A healthy dip to have on hand during warmer months when cool salads, chopped veg and bright colours fill the table! Chickpeas are a powerful plant-based protein and contain inulin which helps to reduce visceral internal fat (the fat around the vital organs like heart and liver), so serve with carrots, celery, yellow peppers, cucumber and sliced tomato for a rainbow of health. Nutritional studies show that the more colourful and varied a person’s diet is, the wider abundance of different vitamins they’re likely to consume!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 roasted red peppers (you can find these in jars or at the fresh deli counter of a market)
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 tbsp cold pressed hemp oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- a few cracks of black pepper
- Drain the chickpeas and place in a food processor
- Add all other ingredients
- Blend until you reach the desired consistency – smooth or chunky
- Serve straight away or scoop into a clean, recycled jar and keep for up to a week for snacking on and serving with THIS WARMING CHICKPEA, CINNAMON & PAPRIKA FALAFEL RECIPE….. coming soon!